Monday, September 24, 2012

Visible Monday - A wish for fall weather

I am really wishing for fall weather this year. We have had a couple of lovely fall-like days this month to tease us, but alas, it is still summer like weather here. I took advantage of a below 80 degree day to put on my first real fall outfit. I will admit that I took off the jacket once we got home from going out to eat breakfast as it was just too warm to keep on. Kansas is a state with extremes in weather. We might not even have a fall, we could go straight from summer to winter or we could have a warm winter with few below freezing days like we did last year. My ancestors were definitely hardy souls to live and survive in this windswept plain.

Jacket: Chico's
Top: LYS from KMart
Belt: Coldwater Creek
Jeans: NYDJ Sheri Skinny in Terra Hide
Fisherman sandals: Reiker
I did have on bracelets, but the memory stick on the camera was full so we did not get shots of the bracelets, however you have probably seen them before. I didn't wear a necklace because I thought the belt was enough of an accessory, but in looking at the pictures, I think I could've worn a small scale necklace and it would've looked just fine.

My NYDJ jeans are a coated denim finish distressed to look like leather. They can be purchased from the NYDJ website or Nordstrom's. (The Nordstrom link takes you to the NYDJ Fall lookbook with lots of great outfits featured.) I purchased my jeans from Nordstrom's as they had the plus size before they were offered on the NYDJ site. Both have free shipping and returns. If you are looking for a great fitting pair of jeans, try NYDJ's. They may be a bit more expensive, but if you have one pair of great fitting jeans that make you feel very visible and fabulous, you can get more cost per wear value than if you have several cheaper pair that don't fit as well. For me, the best thing about these jeans is that they are made in the USA!  

Saturday, we stopped by the Meat Market to buy filet mignon's for us and decided to buy some fresh beef bones for the dogs. They spent the afternoon gnawing on the bones and were so exhausted, they slept for hours. Harry even slept through taking the photos which was a first for him.

FarLeyJoE (lettering is intentional, it suits him) on the left and Harry on the right.
 
Please visit the linkup's for Visible Monday at Not Dead Yet Style and Monday Mingle to viewall the visible fashion inspiration for this week.

27 comments:

  1. This is such a great look for you, Debbi!! Love the jacket and jeans. I will agree that these jeans give you a fabulous fit! I also am hoping we get more fall like weather soon...have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fabulous in those jeans! I bought a pair of the NYDJ coated ones in black, and can hardly wait for the weather to cool down enough to wear them. Your tired pups are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. debbie, i am amazed by your complete outfit! you look fabulous from tip to toe! every piece fits so well together, that's a beautiful start of fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the sweetest thing - how your furry friends got tuckered out with the excitement of their treats!! Your outfit is lovely. I noticed how great your jeans look right away, and I love how you've paired them with your other pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It takes a lot to keep Harry from photo time, right? : > I really admire those coated jeans - they have the look of leather without the fuss. I am so with you on hoping for some cooler days! Thanks for sharing your look with Visible Monday, Debbi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes,yes,YES! Have coveted NYDJ brand jeans, but have not seen them locally. I'm especially taken with the texture combo that's present with belt, blouse and jacket. And am thinking a lot about oxblood hues for fall ... as I see it in your sandals. Will you do this whole look with boots later in the year?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbi, you're smokin' in those jeans! I love the faux leather look - way to go. Great outfit overall.

    Aw, your pups are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this outfit, Debbi! You look so fantastic in those jeans, and the jacket is beautiful! Your belted cream shirt is great under the jacket. No wonder Harry gave up competing with you for attention on this photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the leather-look jeans with the tweed jacket! I found a really similar pair in navy at the thrift store, but the waxed feeling felt bad against my skin. Love the pictures of the sleepy pups! Poor guys are all tuckered out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I ran into your blog on on Di's blog @ The Blue Ridge Gal. I'm afraid I am well past 60 but I am still interest in how I look, and like you, blue jeans are my favorites. You look so finished and put together and I loved looking back at your outfits. I also saw that you had other blogs interested in "style" listed on your side bar. I was delighted.
    I am so afraid of dressing too young for my age, which I wouldn't be able to do anyway. Not with my..um..new broader figure. :)
    I looked, and studied every detail...and I thank you so much. I have needed help badly.
    I shall return!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the pants will look nice with boots later. They look good with the jacket.

    I have Midwestern friends complaining about 28 degree mornings. Wichita might be far enough South that you missed that. It seems too early to have had a freeze.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the pants and especially the copper colored belt. At least we've begun to sleep with open windows and that is a nice change.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute outfit - LOVE the gold belt!
    XOXO
    -Daisy Nguyen from PS BANANAS fashion blog:
    http://psbananas.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. That jacket is so wonderful with the belted top. I never think of belts myself, but that's a great look.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The brown jeans fit you perfectly and are such a rich color. The sandals are perfect for seasonal transition and the belt plays beautifully with your entire ensemble. And you do keep your pets happy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your beautiful browns! That jacket is gorgeous.

    We are getting some nice fall days already here in Northern Illinois. I'm enjoying it!

    Cindy at Notes in the Key of Life
    I'm giving away a gorgeous Soft Surroundings top!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful colours and textures, Debbi! The jeans are fantastic on you, as is that excellent belt.

    Aww, sleepy doggies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the coated jeans on you! Looks great with the jacket - which reminds me of those boucle Chanel style ones. Great look!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello, my dear Debbie, always gorgeous and now, ready for autumn, my favourite season of the year.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  20. Debbie, those jeans are a great color for you. Love the belt peeking out too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have a classy look and great! I like the contrast of the jeans with leather look because it contrasts beautifully with the romantic white blouse. I feel that where you live is similar to my island, it is still higher than 27 ยบ C here and I keep thinking about summer clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the distressed-leather-look pants... so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  23. First thing I noticed was those jeans. Very nice. I love the delicate blouse and gold belt with them. The jacket finishes off the look beautifully.
    (p.s. I colored my hair today...finally. It did not turn too orange and is better than I had expected so I'm happy. Saved me over $165! So far so good.)

    ReplyDelete
  24. i didn't know you lived in Kansas...what part?

    I also love NYDJ and completely agree with your cost per wear view...we all know how much we love and wear a jean that makes us feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love Fall best for fashion! That caramel brown is the yummiest.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great jeans! The doggie is so cute! Here in Rome the weather is also weird, rain, hot and humid. I am your new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Like your mix Debbie, i am a big fan of mixing casual with more sophisticated items in this case your fab jeans and that jacket
    Doggie is adorable

    Ariane xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete