Thursday, October 27, 2011

Happy Thursday

Thank you all for your comments on my post about Iris Apfel's interview. I read some comments left on the sites that featured the article. While many people agree that as a society, we no longer dress really well, almost no one supported the way she said it.  I wholeheartedly agree that we should dress better, although I don't think I want to go back to the rigid rules of the 50's. I remember being really miserable as a schoolgirl who was forbidden to wear anything but dresses/skirts to school. It would be so cold sometimes that I would think I my legs would freeze off! And the playground wasn't nearly as fun when you constantly had to worry about keeping your skirt down.

Thank goodness I don't have to worry about that anymore. Now I can wear what I want, when I want, and how I want. I am thankful to live in a free country where no one dictates that I cannot wear stretch jeans or leggings and I am free to drive my car where ever I want.

This is an outfit I wore earlier in the week and I thought I would post it today as I did not get out of my yoga gear today. The Chico's jacket is a bit heavy as the faux leather is quilted. It looks like real leather and the quilting is very well done.

This was taken before I switched the laces in my shoes and I think that I really do like the addition of the colored laces. I bought red, blue, purple, and gold, so I am set for a while.

Jacket: Chico's
Blouse: Chico's
Jeans: Dressbarn
Shoes: Pencey
Necklace: Chico's
I hope your Thursday was as nice a day as mine was.

7 comments:

  1. Love that quilted jacket. And I agree with you, I love our freedom now to dress as we choose! I remember all the dress codes at school, even being sent home if our skirts were not the proper length!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know Deb if we lived in the same city I'd want to meet up with you for lunch or coffee. I feel a kinship with you.
    Keep those great thoughts and posts coming our way.

    Hugs,

    XO
    Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie I must have missed that post but I will look for it. Your quilted jacket is so beautiful. I find a lot of stuff from Chico's here in NJ. Should I pick you up a few pieces? email me your size...d_flexe@yahoo.com and I will gauge by your style whether or not I think you would like the item. Let me know. shirts are 3.99, jackets 5.99 and pants vary but are usually less than 5bucks. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it great to have the freedom to dress any way you want?! Nice shoes, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that jacket and I really like the shoes but am sure colored laces look great in them too!
    -Meagan
    www.spunkychateau.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well said Debbie! This is America...land of the FREE to wear what we darn well please!! lol I need that quilted jacket! It reminds me of a Chanel bag. Notice all my Chanel comparisons...1st the tweed jacket now the quilted jacket!! Ok Ok...I love Chanel! LOL Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the jacket!

    Have a beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete