Saturday, January 21, 2012

May these words inspire you as they did me

Last week, my Friday yoga instructor shared this quote with us. It has been attributed to Mother Teresa, although I found a site that said it was falsely attributed to her. Regardless of who said it originally, I thought it was very inspirational.

"May today there be peace within. May you trust that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith in yourself and others. May you use the gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content with yourself just the way you are. Let this knowledge settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us.”

The line "May you be content with yourself just the way you are." really struck me because I am so self-critical.

I hope these words will inspire you. Namaste.

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful. Thank you for sharing this, Debbi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful sentiment. And I like the line about letting this knowledge settle into your bones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful. Thanks for sharing it. I think it's a great quote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our Yoga instructor reads to us before we start our sessions. She sets the tone for the hour to follow, inviting positivity and insight into what we can aspire to become.
    This quote is very zen and perfect in so many ways...

    I didn't realize that you practiced Yoga Debbie.
    I love how relaxed I feel after the class.

    Namaste

    ReplyDelete
  5. We face a lot of messages telling us that we aren't the way we're supposed to be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quote, thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww! yoga! i miss my yoga class, i thought i could go back but i do not have the energy for that just yet - but i feel a whole lot better, but there are a lot of movements i can not do because of my frozen shoulder - i love my yoga instructor is full of wisdom.

    Arianex

    ReplyDelete
  8. Namaste! There is a reason that yoga can be a life changing/sustaining discipline.

    ReplyDelete