Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tuesday - Missoni for Target release day

I was really excited having seen all the pictures of the Missoni for Target items. I went to the store early today to see the new items. What a disappointment. They did not even have the merchandise on the floor; I had to ask for it. The lady brought it right out, which was nice of her. They had very few items and only one XL in each item.  The sweaters were very thin and one had a pull in it and they were $49.99. One of the black and white dresses was pretty, but again all small sizes. The shoes were not comfortable. I was highly disappointed. The only thing I bought was an infinity scarf. It is pretty, but it was $24.99, which compared to other scarves Target has, was a bit pricey.


Jacket: Coldwater Creek
Top: Nygard - Dillards (it has tiny flowers layered on the bodice)
Jeggings: JMS Walmart
Scarf: Maurices
Shoes: Vince Camuto - Dillards

With the scarf down rather than wrapped

I tried to go to the Target site to grab a picture of the scarf, but evidently the site has been overwhelmed with activity and it wasn't up.  Maybe I am too picky about what I purchase and there may be a lot of others who love it. Did anyone else visit Target today for Missoni? What did you think?

12 comments:

  1. Ugh, the only target designer collab I've ever seen like-able pieces from was the McQueen collab, but I feel like it's really monopolizing on the name. I'm not a fan of Missoni designs anyway - but the hype over this seems blasted out of proportion.

    I see designer/target collab stuff all over my goodwill - and the reality is they're not high quality or even high fashion pieces. They're always oddly sized and shaped.

    I guess I'm jaded that I can pay way less for better or comparable quality thrifting... Or if I really feel like dropping $40 on something I can head over to All Saints sale section and pick up something I know will be fun, funky and at least decent quality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your jacket is great; love the fabric. I saw ads for the Target Missoni and might just check it out for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I the only one who doesn't like Target? Or is it just the store in our area? Seems like every Target I go into has plenty of teeny tiny clothes and then they are so very thin. I am an XL, but there I'm a XXL....kinda frustrating. So Target is not a place I look for clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the Missoni for target styles that I see on the commercial but I have not visited the store. I will just wait for the clothing to come to Goodwill. Thanks for stoppin by and for posting about Target. I love the scarf you have on...my favorite scarf is similar. Dawn suitcase vignettes . p.s. My dog is home on pain meds. she injured her leg which will heal in time. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard that Target was a zoo today. People were just buying up the stuff to resell them on line. I agree with Megan -- their designer collection pieces are weirdly shaped and sized ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think YOU are the only one who actually bought anything...and I can't wait to see the scarf. Admiring the jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really would like to see your scarf. I did not see any pictures that made me want to rush right over to Target...I was a little confused at what all the hoopla was about. So, I am anxious to see what was actually purchased.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be interested to see your scarf.

    I liked some of the housewares, but not enough to go out after work or to remember to click on their website...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've had similar situations with designer's partnerings with Target where the store is lacking in all the really good stuff. I love the missoni things on the commercials but I doubt they'll be in our local store!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Target is crazy! I was a bit sad not to be able to buy a sweater I had my eye on, but after reading your review (and you're one of the first I've spotted who actually got there early enough to even touch any of the merchandise) I'm not as sad. If it's poor quality and pricey I'm not interested!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't go to the debut only because our nearest Target is an hour away! I viewed some of the items on the website & wasn't all that thrilled plus I felt that most things were over priced. After reading your post, I'm glad I didn't waste my time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been feeling bad because my Target store never seems to have the hot "designer collaboration" stuff. Maybe I won't worry now. I do seem to be increasingly depressed by racks upon racks of cheaply made, "disposable" fashion. I look around, thinking I should buy since I'm, well, cheap! But it's as if too much junk food makes me lose my appetite.

    ReplyDelete