Today is Fashion/Beauty Friend Friday sponsored by Modly Chic. This is my first time to participate. I have really enjoyed reading the posts of other FBFF bloggers and thought I would dip my toe in the water this week. The topic this week is whether location influences style. I think it absolutely influences style. If you live in one of the large metropolitan areas of the US, you have easy access to some of the best fashion and retail resources in the US. While the internet does allow those of us in smaller cities to have some access to the better retail stores, we cannot easily touch or try on the clothing, jewelry or shoes, and shipping can get prohibitively expensive. Climate has a big influence on style as well. If you live in a flat, prairie area like Kansas where the winds are always blowing, wearing skirts and dresses is not as practical as a pair of pants where you don’t have to worry about someone seeing your undergarments if the wind makes a sail of your skirt. (We often call very windy days “clean underwear alert” days.) We get a lot of very extreme weather -- really hot and really cold.
- What part of the world do you blog from? Wichita, Kansas, the middle of nowhere and the middle of everywhere in the lower 48. There are actually people who think we have cows in our yards here, probably bison too.
- If you had to describe the overall mode of dress for where you live what would you say? I would say that it is very, very casual. Very few people male or female dress up. Most of the time everyone is in jeans and tees or sweats.
- Do you fit in with the status quo around you or do you break the mold? I think I break the mold since I often wear bright colors and lots of jewelry.
- If you have lived or traveled to another part of the country/world did your clothing choices evolve? I have lived here for most all of my life, so my style is pretty much gleaned from my own takes on styles I see in magazines or on TV.
- If you had to describe your style by naming a specific city, what would you be? I guess it really would be Wichita—there’s no place like home.
|Jacket: Tanjay Dillards|
Top: : Dressbarn
Shoes: Airwalk, Payless
I just had to add these photos of me and Harry. He is so silly. When he hears the velcro open on the camera case, he is ready to go.